HELP PLEASE! iPod Touch Won't Turn On

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by sdparikh, Jul 30, 2008.

1. sdparikh

sdparikh New Member

Hey...so I was trying to update my ipod touch to firmware 2.0. I downloaded the latest winpwn and then loaded FW 1.1.4. It did everything, but then never went completely through. I clicked Ok. Now my ipod touch won't turn on and the computer won't read it. What do I do?!?! I chose 1.1.4 because I was told to do that in a youtube tutorial. My iphone was in firmware 1.1.5 at the time.

Please Help!
  2. exit1010

exit1010 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    i dont know dude i have no answer but i can tell you that the newest version of winpwn does not work with1.1.4 (to my knowledge)
  3. sdparikh

sdparikh New Member

Am I pretty much screwed? Also...will apple not take it back since I've jailbroken it before or they won't know?
  4. ipodtouchfan101

ipodtouchfan101 Member

The new winpwn does not work with anything other than 2.0. All i can say is try to put your iphone in restore mode
  5. sdparikh

sdparikh New Member

sh*t...I am an idiot. I tried doing the Home / Sleep/Wake together...it doesn't do anything. Is there anyway I can restore it back to factory settings or is it completely broken? How do I get the computer to read it...it won't.
  6. ipodtouchfan101

ipodtouchfan101 Member

Try putting your iphone into dfu mode. connect it to your computer,hold the power and home button for 10 sec,then right when you count to ten release the power button but keep holding the home button untill itunes says your iphone needs to be restored.
  7. GrooveMachine

GrooveMachine Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Lots of people are having this problem right now, and I've narrowed it down to an interrupted sync session or interrupted Cydia install.
  8. sdparikh

sdparikh New Member

I've tried that and nothing happens. The ipod is completely black...no apple logo or anything. I think the firmware got completely wiped out by winpwn. Is it possible to still fix it? Should I try plugging the ipod touch into another computer? Like...the computer isn't reading it at all...how will the computer read it if the firmware is completely gone? I'm gonna try this again...please offer any other advice if possible.

Also...lets say nothing works...can I still bring it back to apple and tell them that it died while I was trying to update my software...that the update froze and this happened? Will they replace it? How would they know that I hacked it?
  9. GrooveMachine

GrooveMachine Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Can you boot at all? If so, PM me.

Edit: Just getting the Apple logo to appear is enough.
  10. ipodtouchfan101

ipodtouchfan101 Member

will if you iphone is messed up that bad i dont think apple could figure out it was hacked so they might just give you a new one......also if your iphone was put into dfu the screen would still be blank and itunes would say it needed to be restored