Help please! Installing Apps. e.g. NES.app without wifi

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by joepurple, Mar 15, 2009.

1. joepurple

joepurple New Member

Hello all, (first time poster, so please be gentle!)

Please Register or Log in to view images

I really need some help with installing apps. on my ipod touch 2g. I have recently jailbroken my itouch 2g and I have installed the modded mobileinstallation file and I can now install stuff on it via itunes. I'm very happy about this,

Please Register or Log in to view images

. However, I do not have wifi OR a wireless router and therefore cydia and installer are useless to me, (as far as I know). I'm quite good with computers, etc. but I am a n00b when it comes to tweaking my iTouch.

I would really like to be able to install some of the cool unofficial apps. such as the nes emulator, etc. but I've been trying for days now and have spent ages searching the net. and tried countless methods/progs. and just can't get it to work! I think the main problem is that most 'no wifi required' solutions still tell you to use cydia or installer at some point, which I can't. I know I could find a free wifi spot, but I don't want to keep doing that to install stuff, I really want to find a way of doing it without wifi, using USB.

I have iphone browser and need a method to install the emulators using that, (unless there's a better prog. for doing this?) I would also love to know EXACTLY where to install the nes.app and the roms. I think they have to go into the applications folder of my iTouch and the roms in the media/roms folder, which I have done but the emulator doesn't show up on my menu. Therefore I think I've either put it in the wrong place or, from what I've read lately I haven't changed the permissions on the folder to 775, etc.

I've also downloaded Total Commander with t-pot plugin, ibricker, ZiPhone, and iPhonePC Suite but none of them seem to allow me to change permissions of the folders. I know Total Commander should, but when I click "change attributes" it does nothing. I read somewhere IPhonePC Suite was good for this, but I have Vista 64 and the programme won't open, I click on the icon and it immediately comes up with an error, "IPhonePC Suite has stopped working".

I have also tried to install the Terminal.app manually to my iTouch, so that I could hopefully use that to change permissions, but I can't get that to show up on the menu either. I tried installing it through iTunes and it showed up on my menu screen, but it wouldn't start. It's really starting to annoy me now and my eyes hurt from all the online research I've been doing, lol!

So, is there any way to install Terminal.app manually using Iphone Browser please, (or another prog. that doesn't need wifi) and what is the best way to manually install the nes.app, (and indeed other apps. I may want in the future). I'm also unsure of if I need BSD Subsystems, and if so where I can DL it from and where/how I should install it to my iTouch with wifi. Please bear in mind all I have to connect with is my USB cable.

Sorry for the long post, I would GREATLY appreciate any helpful advice. Many thanks.
  2. wereguy2

wereguy2 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Same problem here
  3. Random-Hero

Random-Hero New Member

hey i am having a small problem here myself...i bought an ipod 2G some time ago...now i have jail broken it...after i did that...Installer and Cydia icons have had appeared on the itouch menu...NOW to add applications i know we need WiFi but i dont have Wifi...Is there any POSSIBLE way to add apps without WiFi to my Iotuch 2G?????

P.S ive tried Igoper but an error appeared saying COULD NOT FIND INSTALLER ON IPOD or someting like that...PLEASE HELP ME..

r4rock4ever@hotmail.com
    SKYPE - rakith69
    Sri-Lanka

THANKS IN ADVANCE
  4. Prodigal Son

Prodigal Son New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Your problem is simple my friends. Go find a hotspot source somewhere in your town. Starbucks has them and many other places. Hell you could probably just walk down your street holding it in your hands and find a spot. Once you do then download as much as you can. Or you could just simply buy a wireless router.
  5. jrevell99

jrevell99 New Member

Same Problem as above - NO Wifi access

I'm on a ship so can you see I can't walk down the street to Starbucks. Many people have this same problem in forign countries. Wifi is not everywhere on the planet. I need to get terminal and Cydias Gui cache installed to get the apps I have installed with diskaid to come up on springboard. Please Help.