Help please!!! Can´t jailbreak it

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by riky2709, Apr 15, 2009.

1. riky2709

riky2709 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    ok so im new to all this jailbreak thing but i tried to jailbreak my ipod 2g with redsnow 0.3 in window XP
    I follow the intruction up to the part when it tell me to hold the home button for 30 second.I did that but then the program just closed.

Was that supposed to happend???? If so why dont i have cydia in my ipod???

Hope someone can help me please xD
  2. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Run as administrator
  3. Hexane

Hexane New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Go to www.redsn0w.com and get redsn0w 0.3 and then double click and it will do the rest

Please Register or Log in to view images

Unless your not in DFU Mode then it will guide you though it
  4. riky2709

riky2709 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I'm running it as administrador and I already downloaded redsnow the thing is that it just closed after the 30 seconds passed( it tell me to realease the hold button and keep holding the home button for 30 seconds and in the screen their is the countdown but when it gets to 1 it just closed)

What can I do??
  5. redsn0wshoes

redsn0wshoes New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    on xp, 10+30 sec. for dfu is overkill... 10+7-8 was the magic number for me.
  6. riky2709

riky2709 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    But after that is it supposed to close??
    Because as soon as the countdown got to 1 it just closed.
    Is it that that was only to put the itouch in Dfu mode and then I have to go and open redsnow again but this time without pressing enter at the beginning???

Note: I'm saying without pressing enter at the beginning because my iPod wasn't in Dfu mode so I had to put it in Dfu mode first and at the beginning once u open redsnow it ask u if it is in Dfu mode already or if u need the guide to put it in Dfu mode and I selected the guide to put it in Dfu mode
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Also how do I know for sure that my iPod is in Dfu mode???
    Is something supposed to happens because redsnow said that my iPod was going to be flashing or something like that but in my iPod I didn't see anything like that. The only thing that appeared was the apple logo when I holded the Hold button for 3 seconds at the biginning but then it dissapeared after I start pressing both buttons at the same time.
  7. G8D

G8D New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    redsn0w was flashing you nugget.
    Flashing your NOR.
    It's meant to disappear!
    Onces it had downloaded all the stuff and transferred it to the iPod the iPod
    screen will change to a harddrive and then later to a Pwnapple.

Don't panic. Thats how people end up f***ing this stuff up.
  8. steamer861

steamer861 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)

Hi All i used quick freedom GUI it is very easy make sure your ipod touch 2g is at 2.2.1 firmwear install quick freedom click jail break click next again choose your options and click create custom firmwear when done click next put ipod in dfu mode i did not follow instuction for dfu in gui i simply held power and home till screan goes black hold power for 3 more seconds release power and continue to hold home for 10 more seconds if it goes to dfu mode the gui will tell you once in dfu mode click pre jail break when done open itune and hold shift while clicking restore and it will bring up a promt select the custom firmwear the gui just made (on desk top) and let itunes do the rest i am a newb and if i can do it anybudy can

9. riky2709

riky2709 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    thanks guys. the problem i guess it was my laptop because when i tried it in my desktop it worked perfectly but thanks anyways.

Note:Redsnow rocksssssss
  10. Yes QuickFreedom is good but redsn0w is better because:

1. No restoring needed
    2. No LibUSB (which is a b*tch when on vista)
    3. You can use LogoMe

So basically...hooray for redsn0w also it isn't hard to use either.