help please battery issue concerning new firmware

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by vonster92, Oct 12, 2008.

1. vonster92

vonster92 New Member

Yesterday I updated my jailbroken 1.1.4 touch to 2.0. And then 2.1 firmware. Note that I HAVE NOT jailbrokem my touch at 2.1. My concern is that after updating I has noticed that my battery life has been decreased DRASTICALLY now although it seemed to last forever when it was jailbroken. Can someone please help me?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Bump.
  2. Rob The Stranger

Rob The Stranger New Member

Well lets see i have never jailbroken my itouch... although i would like too... but i wont.. ok so i had a sim problem to this when i first got my itouch gen 1. i called up the apple tech peps and they told me what to do when this happens. really just restart your itouch hold both the buttons untill it turns off and continue holding untill it turns back on, hopfully it will work and you will notice the change, sometimes it takes two or three restarts to work becuase your really just refreashing the firmware at the same time.

if it does not work i hope your still within your warrenty, call apple and schedule an app to get your ipod looked at, at an apple store, luckaly this worked for my itouch so i didnt have to part with it for a few hours. but i have upgraded to the newest ipod touch 2nd gen and with a new firmware comes big improvements i reccomend you just upgrade...

also depending on how long youve had your device for the itouch is only good up to 200 charges untill you will notice the declining battery life, also jailbreaking can also drain the batt life alot faster then using it normally, trust me i have done alot of research, mainly when i freaked out becuase my batt life was crazy.
    hope this help'd.

Sincerly Rob the stranger