Help Please 2nd Gen....Loose Socket Connection

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by laurie_lu, Dec 9, 2008.

1. laurie_lu

laurie_lu New Member

Hello,

My 2nd Gen iPod Touch is a few days old. I notice when I connect it to my computer with the included usb cord, that the connection between the cord and the iPod feels much looser in the socket than the other older iPods in our home.

This is presenting a problem because when I hold the iPod Touch in my hand while it's connected to the computer, any slight movement on the cable is causing the plug in the iPod's socket to move enough that my iPod is disconnecting in iTunes. I've tested 2 new usb cords, both result in same problem. Although this doesn't seem to happen if I use the "old" style usb cord that had the springs on the sides you pinch in to lock the plug into the socket.

The connection just doesn't feel as tight and it feels like the plug isn't in the socket all the way even though it is obvious that it is. For some reason it's losing contact. Has anyone else had this problem? I don't know if I should return my iPod Touch and get another one or if this is normal.

Thanks
  2. scott1118

scott1118 New Member

i am having that problem

i have no idea what the bit at the bottom of the ipod is so i cant really search for a decent answer. but yes i am having this problem on my 1st gen (yeah old school ha!) but i got some wireless headphones a few months ago and the input to listen to music is in that bit where you also connect your USB connector thing.

But yeah its really loose to the point where it started to get harder to listen to music and now i have no connection whatsoever. i have no warranty on the ipod either so i dont know.
  3. personman

personman Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    You can pay Apple to fix it, send it to a 3rd party company to fix it, or best yet, buy a new iPod.