Help on Little Brother hack

Discussion in 'Android Chat' started by PkDeken, Jul 21, 2010.

1. PkDeken

PkDeken New Member

Hey guys,

I am going to try and duplicate a hack in Little Brother. For those of you who haven't read the book, or forgot, the hack was that he had two passcodes for his phone, the one would be to get into his phone for normal access, the second was a security code that would open up a clean OS with normal apps and such.

My idea of achieving this would be too have two seperate partitions on the drive, the main one, and the decoy partition. and then have a dual boot startup.

does anybody have any ideas of how to do this? or another method to look into?

Any Help is appreciated

-PkDeken
  2. edgar-ny

edgar-ny Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    iaccounts does that....its on cydia
  3. PkDeken

PkDeken New Member

I looked into iAccounts, it looked great so i installed it, but it doesnt do quite what i was looking for. (although i will be keeping it because it is still awesome!!!) anyway
    this is the description given in little brother:

"now I *did* have a fake partition that I could turn back into cleartext with one password, but all the good stuff was hidden, and needed another password to open up. That hidden section looked just like random junk -- when you encrypt data, it becomes indistinguishable from random noise -- and they'd never even know it was there."

another possibility is an app where it adds a layer of security to get in,one where the user is asked to input a passcode. and it accepts two codes, faux and real. and can redirect the user from there based on password.