Help on installation of Mac OSX 10.5

Discussion in 'Mac & OS X' started by snpri3, Jun 16, 2008.

1. snpri3

snpri3 New Member

ok i got my latest version of kalyway, i unpcked it and it came to be an iso so i burned that on a DVD, now when i place it on to my labtop (secondary PC) it doesnt do anything. like when you usually put a XP CD in it sais press any key to boot from CD... but now it just has _ flashing and doesnt go any further no Press F8 either, just blank screen is it possible to go into command prompt and run it from there?
  2. snpri3

snpri3 New Member

nvm it works now after i burned a couple copies, when i get to the part "darwin boot loader" what commands am i supposed to run to execute the installation.
  3. Tyr0

Tyr0 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    you then press f8, the -v.
    if -v doesn't work, i think its cpus=1
  4. snpri3

snpri3 New Member

thanx is that all i should know before i start this, last min details?
  5. Tyr0

Tyr0 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    umm... good luck. I got mine goin in vmware, but it was slow, so ima dual boot it.
    i have to wait though, because i want a legal copy.
    And seeing as im only 14, i need to get some money for it. So... how bout you go first and tell me about anything. haha.
    Good luck, -Tyr0
  6. snpri3

snpri3 New Member

thank you ill report how it went if all is dandy. *fingers crossed*
  7. snpri3

snpri3 New Member

ok i got to the installation of MAC i know exciting but this is where i hit a dead end. after i select a hardrive which i partitioned i get this error

" The installer could not create the folder "/Volumes/Mac OSX/basesystem.200r.esumg something along those lines and it tells me to restart and try again but i tried and same thing happens, could this be a currupt file or just my computer.?
  8. Parm289

Parm289 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Sounds like a corrupt file on the disc. Did you try letting the disc check itself before the installation? If not, let it do its thing before installing.
  9. snpri3

snpri3 New Member

i did both actually first time i let it check then i skiped the part. but what gets me is that it might be something the hardware maybe? im really new to macs so i cant throw out any speculations on this kalyway stuff. do you think i should try to get another copy somewhere else
  10. Parm289

Parm289 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    If you can still access windows, tell us all your specs (or as much as you can). Most important are motherboard, type of hard drive (i.e. IDE or SATA), graphics card, etc.