Help! Noob in the house!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Magus666, Mar 20, 2009.

1. Magus666

Magus666 New Member

Hi.

Ive just bought my first ipod. Its an used ipod 16 gb touch. I really want to jailbreak it, but i dont know how to proceed. I dont know if its a 1st gen or 2nd gen. I think the firmware is 1.15 or 1.5. I do not have a wireless network, so Im not sure how to transfer the files either. If there is a way to transfer the files through itunes, please inform me. So please, treat me as a noob and share with me how to get the most of my ipod.

In advance, thanx

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Duykur

Duykur Banned

if it's firmware below 2.0, it's first gen
  3. SiXAXiS

SiXAXiS Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
  4. Magus666

Magus666 New Member

Ive got firmware 1.1.4. Ive downloaded firmware 2.2.1, but when im trying to install it says that the firmware is not compatible. What to do ?
  5. SiXAXiS

SiXAXiS Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    You have to first install Firmware 2.0. You can find it on the internet, but i cannot link it to you. Plus, if you downloaded 2.2.1 fromAPPLE, like ParrotBay said, contact them.
  6. ParrotBoy

ParrotBoy Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    If you got it illegally, im not helping... But if you bought it off itunes (Like you should) contact apple support.
  7. Magus666

Magus666 New Member

I got the firmware from istore, and ive used quickpwn to jailbreak. When im trying to sync some games from itunes, it says on one of them that verified to do it on this computer and on the second it says the program is not authorized. What should i do next?