Help! No video out w/Apple cable on Touch 2g

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by roxx914, May 28, 2009.

1. roxx914

roxx914 New Member

Here's the deal: I have a touch 2g 32g and my wife has a touch 2g 8g. No jailbreaks. I am trying to use the new apple composite (r/w/y) cable to watch videos on tv. I have been through 2 cables from the apple store and have tried several tvs. I can get the r/l audio channels, but no video. Tried NTSC/PAL. No luck.

Is this a problem with fw 2.2.1? and apple won't admit it? Am I missing something? Has this not happened to anyone else?

I have searched all the forums that I could find and can't find anyone more recent than 15 months ago with this problem. Solved by replacement cable.

If the solution has already been solved and I missed it, I apologize. Could someone redirect me to the appropriate thread if this is the case?

Thanks for any and all help!
  2. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Do you have video out turned on on your iPod?
  3. roxx914

roxx914 New Member

Nothing to turn on with 2g 2.2.1. Just switch between widescreen and not and switch between NTSC and PAL.
  4. gadegaard

gadegaard New Member

Hello, I have the same problem with a touch 1g 32g ver. 2.2.1, the movie plays for 1 minute and then it's stops or returns to the ipod screen. I have testet my cable with a Ipod nano and it's works fine with the same movie.

I look forward to the response..
  5. Busta

Busta New Member

I'm having a very similiar problem. I have new cables, new plasma tv, etc. When I hook up the itouch 2nd gen, I have audio but no video. The only controls I can find in the itouch for video is the widescreen selector and the PAL/NTSC selector, which is for the cable type.

Does anyone have a fix or suggestion that may point me in the right direction for solving this aggravating issue? Thanks in advance....
  6. Gorgerax

Gorgerax New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    HI,

No solution but more info that might help...

I have a video cable that worked fine until I upgraded to 3.0. Now it doesn't work. When I plug it into the Ipod, I get the "this device not supported" message.

This is really frustrating
  7. iBoss™

iBoss™ Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Have you tried updating to 3.0?

Also, try unplugging/replugging the cable while video/audio is streaming
  8. Gorgerax

Gorgerax New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Upgrading to 3.0 is precisely what CAUSED my problem. YMMV...