Help! No video out w/Apple cable on Touch 2g

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by roxx914, May 28, 2009.

1. roxx914

roxx914 New Member

Here's the deal: I have a touch 2g 32g and my wife has a touch 2g 8g. No jailbreaks. I am trying to use the new apple composite (r/w/y) cable to watch videos on tv. I have been through 2 cables from the apple store and have tried several tvs. I can get the r/l audio channels, but no video. Tried NTSC/PAL. No luck.

Is this a problem with fw 2.2.1? and apple won't admit it? Am I missing something? Has this not happened to anyone else?

I have searched all the forums that I could find and can't find anyone more recent than 15 months ago with this problem. Solved by replacement cable.

If the solution has already been solved and I missed it, I apologize. Could someone redirect me to the appropriate thread if this is the case?

Thanks for any and all help!
  2. bamhm182

bamhm182 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I've got the same problem. If anyone knows how to fix it, that'd be great. I can get sound, but no video. I was thinking that maybe it was because a video wasn't playing, so I tossed a video on it, still no luck. Not sure what's wrong with it.
  3. jleibler

jleibler New Member

I am having the same problem. I have itouch and recently purchased the apple component cable. I cannot get video to work - have tried different tv's etc. If anyone has any ideas please let me know.