HELP no signal bars.. Read pls.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pogoyoyo, Apr 5, 2009.

1. pogoyoyo

pogoyoyo Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Today I got a new iPhone 3g from apple as a replacement. My old one was locked to rogers and I asked the lady if she could get me a fido locked one instead.. She said there's no dif and she gave me this iPhone and the fido sim card worked. So me being a smartass I came home and restored my iPhone so I could jailbreak it. Once I restored iTunes said I have to insert the original sim card that this phone came with.. So I thought the jailbreak would fix that.. So I jailbroke 2.2.1, and now I get no signal bars, not even the carrier name ( which was rogers even though it's a fido sim card )
    An ideas?
    BTW yellowsnow probably won't work cuz this iPhone came with 2.2.1 preinstalled so don't flame me )
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Bump please help!
  2. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

Is your Fido plan an iPhone plan?

I'm not sure about Canada but in the U.S. the SIM (the account rather) has to be setup as an iPhone plan. Just any at&t SIM will not work in the iPhone. To run any "normal" or prepaid at&t SIM in the iPhone it has to be unlocked.

I'm not exactly sure if it is the same for you but just a thought.

Also, try putting your SIM in and power down the iPhone. Power it back on and see if that does anything.
  3. pogoyoyo

pogoyoyo Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well the problem is is that yesterday right when I recieved my iphone at the apple store, the lady told me to try the sim.. And it worked. It is indeed a prepaid sim, but it worked fine when I got the phone, but didn't once I restored with iTunes.. iTunes said I had to insert the sim card that came with the phone.. Which makes no sense in my case..
  4. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

Could try taking it back to the Apple Store and if you can talk to the same lady see if she will help (they may tell you that it is not their problem and to talk to your carrier).