help...no idea whats wrong

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jack7743, Oct 16, 2008.

1. jack7743

jack7743 New Member

I got my ipod about 3 wweks ago and dont really know what im doing, but ive encountered a problem. Two days ago i tried to reset my ipod completely bakc to normal by going to setting/general/reset, and waited until it was completely done. It finished loading and now is stuck in the pinapple screen. I can turn it off by holding the home and power buttons, but itunes cannot regonize it. Any help will be greatly appreciated!!
    thanks
  2. ZhiZhi778

ZhiZhi778 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    recovery mode:
    Shut down ipod
    Then boot it (press power 1x) and immediately after screen turned on press and hold homebutton until a iTunes sign with cable shows up

Then connect to pc and follow steps in itunes
  3. jack7743

jack7743 New Member

thanks for the quick response but i held the home button for a few minutes and nothing happened at all...any other suggestions
  4. ZhiZhi778

ZhiZhi778 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    try to DFU it:
    connect ipod with computer, then
    boot up ipod, then press homebutton, hold it and press power button. hold both until ipod turns off then stay 1second on both buttons then release powerbutton BUT still hold homebutton! after a short time iTunes should popup and tell you to restore.

if you fail and the screen of the ipod turns on instead of stying black after you released powerbutton you have to do everything again. so try until it works.