HELP!! New to jailbroken itouch 2nd gen.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by kkwu2, May 5, 2009.

1. kkwu2

kkwu2 New Member

Hey Everyone.
    I have a few questions.
    I'm pretty noob to my new jailbroken itouch 2nd gen.

1) When I first got my jailbroken itouch, the app store was still there, and then I was fiddling with my itouch, and downloaded the "mobilefinder" from cydia, I opened the mobilefinder app in which i was brought to a screen that had "appstore.app", I pressed modify, and then it says:
    "Owner - Read, Write, Exec
    Group - Read, Write, Exec
    Everyone - Read, Write, Exec"

^I clicked all of them, (where they turn all blue - I don't even know why I did that), and when I was brought to the main page of itouch, the app store (originally from apple) was gone.
    I can't even download app store apps no more =(

Could someone help me through steps, to redo what I did, or maybe it has nothing to do with mobilefinder, or... I'm really lost

2) I have tried downloading apps from itunes on my computer, wanting to sync it to my jailbroken itouch, and it doesn't even allow me to do that anymore. Is it because my itouch is now jailbroken and it doesn't recognize it? Because it indicates that I'm "not authorized to do so"

3) When the itouch is jailbroken, everything is lost, right? Well, I tried to restore by connecting to itunes on my computer, and after it indicates it is done restoring and syncing, nothing has changed on my itouch, none of my apps (that I downloaded before jailbroken), all my personal stuff, are all gone.

PLEASE HELP!!!
    If anyone could help,
    much appreciated.

Thanks.
  2. LeanPocketTouch

LeanPocketTouch Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    open finder and hit the arrow button on the top left corner until u are at main. Double tap Applictions folder tap on Appstore.app once and click Modify. Set owner and group to READ WRITE EXEC. Those should be blue. Then set "Everyone" to READ and EXEC. the one between READ and EXEC should not be blue. Exit finder respring or reboot.

DELETE MOBILE FINDER, YOU DO NOT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT IT AND WHAT IT CAN BE USED FOR. your lucky you didn't go deleting things.
  3. kkwu2

kkwu2 New Member

Hey,
    Thanks for the quick reply.
    I have done what you have told me to do,
    but when you said reboot/respring,
    how do you do that?
    Does that mean I have to turn off the itouch, and turn it back on?

Also,
    do you have answers to the other 2 questions?

Much appreciated.
  4. LeanPocketTouch

LeanPocketTouch Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Jailbreaking won't affect itunes and to reboot holder the power button until a red slider comes up and turn it off. Hold the power button until it turns on. Respring; if you have SBSettings swipe the top of the screen and tap Respring.

After you reboot iTunes should be fine. Of you took music from another library and tried to sync it to your iPod and then connected to your iTunes and tried to sync it's not going to let you. You must be the owner of the music.
  5. Xii

Xii New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    It doesn't actually transfer over your media, just your saved Settings. You'll have to sync everything back in there. Jailbroken apps cannot be restored back from iTunes. You'll have to re download them again, or search for Aptback in Cydia.
  6. kkwu2

kkwu2 New Member

Hmm...
    That's very helpful.
    THank you soo muchh =D
    You're a lifesaver.
    I see the app store now. hehee.

Oh yeah,
    Also,

2 more questions:
    1) How come every single time I download something new
    from Cydia,
    and activate it using Winterboard,
    all the apps that were arranged the way I put it,
    it rearranges it to another order? Not the way I had it before?
    Should I just download everything I need and then rearrange the way I like it,
    so it won't mess it up?

2) So you're saying that if I get music from a different library,
    and then put it in the music section of my jailbroken itouch, it will not work?
    I have done it previously, before I had my itouch jailbroken, and it worked.
  7. LeanPocketTouch

LeanPocketTouch Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    1) It depends on what you downloaded. And some themes could rearrange things but none of mine have.

2) I do not know about importing music from other iTunes accounts I've never done it. I do know for sure if you try that with apps it will not work.
  8. Touchtacular

Touchtacular New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    If he used that media swap app he could sync with two libraries.
  9. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Do you have Kate installed?

That will force your apps to change around.