Help! new to IPOD touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by sunswhisper, Feb 2, 2009.

1. sunswhisper

sunswhisper New Member

Okay, I am new to this. I did figure out how to download my music apps & pics. what I don't understand is how do you check your email and go to the internet on this? I was told when I bought this that I would be able to do this.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Also, They say I can rent or buy movies. Do you have to be on the internet to do this? How is this done?

Then I have the USB conection in my car. I used an aux line to listen to my music. So what happens when I connect my IPOD to the car going through the USB?

This cost a pretty penny and I want to get everything I can out of it.

2. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    To connect to the internet, open up Settings. Select the WiFi button. The device will scan for any nearby wireless access points. Once connected, you can browse the web in Safari, check email with Mail, and utilize the internet with many other applications.

You can rent or purchase movies from iTunes on your computer. Once downloaded, you can sync them to your iPod for veiwing. (You can't download movies directly to the iPod)

In your car, the USB connection will charge the iPod. To get sound, use the aux line.

Welcome to the forums and good luck with your iPod!
  3. sunswhisper

sunswhisper New Member

Thank you, I tried the WiFi, but didn't get anywhere. The place where I bought this told me I have to hook it up with a port (or something like that) to get internet. I click the WiFi and it takes me to the next screen where it says "ON" Below that is says choose a network, the other then Ask to join networks. Maybe I don't have any wireless access points nearby? This is one of the main reasons I bought this.

So... I don't need a charger for my car as long as I have the USB connection?
  4. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    You probably don't have any wireless networks nearby. However, you can make your own home network fairly easily. Search around the web for more information on creating a wireless network. (Since you already have an internet connection, all you need is a router, and a good router can be purchased for around $50.)

Plug the iPod into your car via USB and make sure you get power. (You should be a lightning bolt in the battery icon...)

If that doesn't work, you may want to invest in a car charger.

If you have any other questions, especially about setting up a wirelss network, please send me a private message.