Help Needed!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by crimtide, Jun 1, 2009.

1. crimtide

crimtide New Member

Erm, ok the situation goes like this. My previous com crashed. I couldn't retrieve my songs without the system hanging on me quarter-way through transfer. so i gave up.

bought a new laptop, got some songs in, and wanted to sync to my itouch 2g. turns out, i can't! it said i had to authorize my laptop. ok done. but when i click on sync, it says...

"This ipod is currently synced with another itunes library. Do you want to erase and sync this iPod with the library?"

i'm taking this to mean, that if i clicked "Erase & sync", it will erase what's currently in my ipod and sync with what's currently in the new library. Is that it?

i've already lost my apps due to the re-syncing, and i'll probably die if i have no choice but to erase all my songs. can anyone provide an alternative?

much appreciated!
  2. SooperG

SooperG New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    If its jailbroken, maybe try SSH'ing?
    I also heard of an app where you can sync w/o having to erase, but I'm not sure what it is.
  3. Firebird94

Firebird94 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You can download a program named touchcopy. It copies all the songs i believe. its for windows i think.
  4. pieceofsummer

pieceofsummer Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    You could switch to manual music managing and never worry about losing your music during sync with several computers.
  5. crimtide

crimtide New Member

manual managing is the one where when u connect your ipod, it doesn't auto-sync new songs to it right? if so then i'm on manual managing already. but i still have to press the "sync" button when i try to sync, and that's when the prompt comes up.

i've checked touchcopy. it only allows a maximum of 100 files to be transferred. and i've got over 800 songs in my iPod.

man, this sucks. thanks, by the way...any other ideas?
  6. pieceofsummer

pieceofsummer Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Hmm... Manual managing is when you drag-n-drop songs to your iPod without syncing

Please Register or Log in to view images

And if you're on Windows you could use SharePod to transfer songs back to PC. It's free and has no limits on number of songs.
  7. crimtide

crimtide New Member

erm.. i tried to drag-n-drop in iTunes but to no avail. must my iPod be JB-ed? coz it ain't. and if it doesn't need to be JB-ed, can you guide me on how to manual manage?

in the meantime, i'll go check up on sharepod..thanks!
  8. pieceofsummer

pieceofsummer Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    No, it mustn't be JBed.
    Select your iPod device in the left pane in iTunes, you'll see page with device picture, information about firmware version etc. Scroll to the bottom and you'll see checkbox "Manual manage of music and video" (or smth like that). Check it and click "Apply" and you'll be able to drag songs directly to your iPod.
  9. crimtide

crimtide New Member

ok cool! thanks! you're a lifesaver.

i spent a coupla hours last night backing up everything using sharepod. so now, everything's a-ok! thanks a lot guys/gals!
  10. mark789

mark789 New Member

help needed

This is a wonderful opinion The things mentioned are unanimous and needs to be appreciated by everyone i'm taking this to mean, that if i clicked "Erase & sync", it will erase what's currently in my ipod and sync with what's currently in the new library. Is that it?
    i've already lost my apps due to the re-syncing, and i'll probably die if i have no choice but to erase all my songs. can anyone provide an alternative?

mark789

find lawyer