Help needed!

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by SpeedOlight, Apr 29, 2009.

1. SpeedOlight

SpeedOlight New Member

HI guys! im having a really bad problem. to be honest i din read that firmware 2.1.1 couldn't be jailbroken unless its updated to 2.2.1 right? im now stuck at the recovery mode. i can't restore it cause i'll get error 160x errors. there was this one time where i successfully restored 2.1.1 firmware. ive done the things mentioned in this :
    http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141917&highlight=1602

but still a recovery menu keep coming up instead of the normal setting up of the ipod touch. anyone can help me? pleasepleaseplease.

i can provide you guys with further details if u need me to.
  2. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Put in DFU mode, restore to stock 2.2.1 firmware and then jailbreak (2g use redsn0w, 1G/iPhone use QuickPWN). Note: the 2.2.1 iPhone baseband cannot be unlocked on 3Gs.
  3. SpeedOlight

SpeedOlight New Member

the thing is i can't even update to 2.2.1 cause ive been having errors 160x.
    i done updating in DFU mode back to 2.1.1 but it come out a white screen at preparing ipod for restore.

i also done updating using force restore method (recovery mode) and the update was successful to version 2.1.1 (a dialog appear in itunes) BUT the ipod touch just stays at recovery mode. i search all around and they say to use ibrickr to boot the phone but ibrickr doesn't even recognize my phone.

and i also found out to use these commands to get out of the recovery mode
    - Type "setenv auto-boot true" and hit enter.
    - Type "saveenv" and hit enter.
    - Type "fsboot" and hit enter.

what applications do i need to enter these commands? and anyone can guide me. please.
  4. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    iPt 2G right? These sound like issues similar to those when you go from a tethered jailbreak to an untethered jailbreak... hit up the 2G jailbreak forums for advice. There's lots of threads in there by people who have had similar issues.

In fact I have moved this thread to the correct forum. Hopefully you'll get more help on it now.
  5. SpeedOlight

SpeedOlight New Member

hey thanks! yes its a ipod touch 2nd Gen with a stock 2.1.1 which used to work but now it just stuck at the recovery screen. maybe the part where u say
    might be the problem.

anyone helpers !!

Please Register or Log in to view images

thanks in advance.
  6. vannmann

vannmann New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    download redtool and there are menu options at the top of the program. the one you need would be " boot ipod from recovery" i think. but get redtool, it will help. there is a link in my signature to the web blog of redtool.
  7. SpeedOlight

SpeedOlight New Member

firstly i wanna apologize to studangerous for making many threads about this. if you happen to find my other threads then this please close it cause i finally i solve the recovery mode issue. my env was corrupted i think so here's how i got it fixed.

Connect the ipod in recovery mode,
    Open up irecovery using commandline, (save it to desktop so it would be easier like cd desktop, then the folder name with irecovery inside.
    type in irecovery -s (bootloader menu will appear)
    type in order: clearenv 1
    setenv auto-boot true
    saveenv
    fsboot
    reboot
    after typing reboot the ipod restarts itself this time with the recovery mode and a battery indication at the top right. so just open up itunes and set the ipod touch.

now my question is. my firmware is currently 2.1.1 if i want to upgrade to 2.2.1 will the same thing occur again?

update using iTunes Update button
    or
    normal restore button/shift + click restore
    or
    DFU mode?
  8. vannmann

vannmann New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    if your on 2.2.1, then how would you upgrade to 2.2.1? doesn't make since.
  9. SpeedOlight

SpeedOlight New Member

im at 2.1.1 (iPod2,1_2.1.1_5F138_Restore)
    and
    i want to update to 2.2.1 (iPod2,1_2.2.1_5H11a_Restore)?