Help needed

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mrxmas, Feb 15, 2009.

1. mrxmas

mrxmas New Member

Hi Guys and dolls,
    I am new to all of this so please go easy on me.
    I have a new gen ipod touch 32gb, i am having syc problems, ( it keeps throwing me out after a while) what can i do ? - i am using a windows xp computer ?
    please can somone guide me in the right direction? - i have some music.about ten video that i what to put on it, and some apps which i have down loaded.
    runing itunes 8
    and ipod ver 2.2-1 software
  2. idk761

idk761 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    What do you mean itunes is throwing you out?

You make an itunes account, or used your old itunes account. Make sure you want it because it sticks with when you buy apps.

Then you register the account to your computer.
    Next you plug in your ipod touch to your computer, and sync. It will then put all your music, videos onto your ipod touch. Can't get much more simple.
  3. mrxmas

mrxmas New Member

no soory (i might not made myself clear)
    i mean i have done all what you have said above before,
    i mean syc'g / updating to my ipod ?
  4. idk761

idk761 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You want to update your ipod? Then you just connect it to itunes, then click update it should download the 2.2.1 file.

If not there are some websites out there where you can download the updates from an unofficial website. But you would need to update by holding down shift and then click restore. You then pick the 2.2.1 file you downloaded to update.
  5. mrxmas

mrxmas New Member

i am already using that version, sorry i am confussing you in what i am trying to get at.

i have music,vedio app etc in on my itunes / account etc, what i am trying to do is get them all off itunes and update my itouch with them all been moved over to it,
    i preess the syc button - it starts and goes so far, all of a sudden it crashes/ throws me off ?