Help needed!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Safc4eva, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Safc4eva

Safc4eva New Member

Hey guys,
    Just want to ask a few questions to you guys about the iPhone 3G.
    I'm probably going to be getting a 16GB iPhone within the next week, however it's coming from 02 but because its through a company scheme..i won't actually get the sim card.

I'm guessing that the iPhone is guna be locked to 02, but as i won't be getting an 02 sim card..i'm just guna use a Vodafone one.
    Now, if the phone is locked to 02 will i NEED to jailbreak the iPhone or is there a way to unlock the phone separately?

If it comes down to it and i need to jailbreak, i just wanna know how the iPhone runs when jailbroken?
    I've read a few stories of not being able to hang up calls, press certain keys..?
    or have these guys just failed

Please Register or Log in to view images

So basically, will i lose any features due to jailbreaking?
    also if anyone has any other info that could help me out, that would be great.

Thanks.
  2. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Those peoples stories are FAIL. You will not loss features at all, only gain.

If the phone comes with firmware 2.2.1 then the is currently no way to unlock it. But you can still jailbreak it.

If it has 2.2 or lower then it is unlockable. There is a sticky around here with instructions on how to jailbreak and unlock.