Help needed with new library

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mightymax76, May 3, 2009.

1. mightymax76

mightymax76 New Member

Hi, newbie to the world of IPod touch and this website and in need of some help.

I used to have the IPod classic and decided to get the iPod touch, which I have plugged in registered etc... My library still comes up for my old IPod and I can't seem to get any music to transfer to my new iPod. I gather that I need to create a new library so that I can add my music, but I can't see where you do it. Can you please advice?

I hope that comes across clear and I bow to your soupier knowledge.

Thanking you in advance
  2. Zantrillian

Zantrillian New Member

Go into itunes and in the devices tab on the left, it should have your iPod listed there. Click it. Then on the right where it has a summary of the iPod, click Music. There should be a box called "Sync Music". Click that. Under the "Sync Music" box there should be "All songs and playlists" or Selected playlists. Click the one that applies to you. After you have done all that, click "Sync" on the bottom right hand corner.

Hope i helped, If it doesn't work, tell me.

Zantrillian
  3. mightymax76

mightymax76 New Member

cheers for that. Tried it, it works but I can't add and delete the tracks I want (as if I was doing a new library) a friend of mine has suggested setting up a new user for my windows and assign my ipod to that. Hes done that with his daughters and girlfriend as well as his own (so 3 seperate accounts for windows). I might give that a try.
  4. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    If you select "Manually Manage Music and Videos" you can drag, drop, and delete the songs you want.
  5. mightymax76

mightymax76 New Member

got it sorted now thanks

Please Register or Log in to view images

This is how I was able to do it (copied and pasted from iTunes help file, why I didn't look there in the first place I dont know)

To create or use a different iTunes library:
    If iTunes is open, quit it.

Hold down the Shift key while you open iTunes (from the Start menu, choose All Programs > iTunes > iTunes).

In the dialog that appears, do one of the following:

To create a new library, click Create Library.

To choose a different library, click Choose Library.