Help needed with Jaadu VNC!

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by jedimattk, Sep 20, 2009.

1. jedimattk

jedimattk Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I just downloaded Jaadu VNC for my touch earlier today. I'm using Linux Mint 7 on my computer (an improved derivative of Ubuntu), so I can't use the official Jaadu Connect software. Instead, I just used the built-in remote desktop utility to set up a basic VNC server.

Jaadu connects quickly to my computer over home wi-fi, and displays my desktop with no trouble. I can move the cursor around, click on things, enter text, et all from my iPod, but here's the trouble: my iPod screen does not update as I do these things. If I'm watching my acutal computer monitor at the time, I can see it working, but my iPod for whatever reason does not update.

To use Jaadu when I'm not staring at my screen, I have to click something, then actually disconnect and re-connect to view an updated desktop - and on and on and on, making it so time-consuming as to be virtually unusable. I have the refresh rate set to "fastest" and everything. Does anyone have any tips for me?

Thanks in advance,
    Matt
  2. mr_zoot

mr_zoot New Member

same problem.... also have this same problem with Mocha VNC Lite

i have ipod 2g 3.1.2 jailbroken
    jaadu vnc 2.01
    ubuntu 9.04
    using the built in remote desktop utility as my vnc server.

linksys wrt546 router (port 5901 has been forwarded to my desktop, Jaadu is configured to use port 5901)
    desktop is connected via cable, ipod uses the wireless connection