Help needed to get Wi-Fi

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by max19699, Feb 28, 2009.

1. max19699

max19699 New Member

Hi, hope i'm in the right place to ask questions on the ipod touch 8gb. I have little experience with the internet and computers. I recieved the touch for christmas and i had given up trying to get on line with it but decided to try again yesterday. After two more hours and a lot of frustration i gave up again. I installed itunes 8 and have set it back to factory specifications so i could start from scratch. Itunes is loaded onto my wireless laptop. Our setup here is one desktop computer with modem to shaw i believe and a router for the wireless laptop and another desktop. This laptop is where i plugged the ipod into with itunes installed on it. When i press settings under choose a network Home Wi-Fi comes up with a lock beside it and a little signal strength indicator which i don't think is showing any strength. My ssid says Home Wi-Fi. Going to the next page shows nothing under IP Address , Subnet Mask etc. If i press Home Wi-Fi it asks for a password and i've tried the passwords from my laptop and the passwords from the desktop connected to the router, nothing works. I just don't know what to do antmore. Can anyone help?Please..haThank you
  2. Chrisschulz

Chrisschulz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    is the pass long enough? their has to be a certain amount of charachters for it to work. i had to do that with my router also
  3. ipodtouchesrule

ipodtouchesrule Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)