Help needed, problems encountered for 1.1.2 jailbreak

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by aaron80, Nov 21, 2007.

1. aaron80

aaron80 New Member

Hi hope u guys can help, I updated to 1.1.2 and was preparing to jailbreak but realise that I have forgotten to install Oktoprep! I accidentally skip this step and now I have already updated to 1.1.2, so I have no way to go back to install Oktoprep! So when I try to run the jailbreak program, it said I must have Oktoprep installed 1st. How do I carry on my jailbreak now? Don't tell me I have to downgrade back to 1.1.1 then jailbreak 1.1.1 then upgrade to 1.1.2 and jailbreak again? Is there another method where I can just jailbreak directly from 1.1.2?

If I restore to 1.1.1, will all my songs will be gone? Some of the songs I never store in my computer, I only transfer directly to my ipod so if they are deleted when I restore I will lose them forever.

1) I know that I can sync songs from my itune library to my ipod but can it be done the other way round? I want to sync the songs from my ipod to my computer(itune library) so that I can just restore them after I go back to 1.1.1

2) How do I restore back to 1.1.1 and by doing so, is it confirmed all my songs n videos on my ipod will be gone? When I tried to restore in itune, it prompts me a window that state they will restore to 1.1.2 and not 1.1.1
  2. hixproductions

hixproductions New Member

that just happened to me and i need help as well!!!
  3. termin8or123

termin8or123 New Member

Calm down guys! I'm here to help! When you update your firmware, no songs/vids will be deleted, and there is no other way of jailbreaking from 1.1.2.

1. Ok anyways follow this tutorial on how to downgrade to 1.1.1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLFiUCq7IHc

2. Then jailbreak like normal again. jailbreakme.com Then get OktoPrep, and update your firmware to 1.1.2 Run windows.bat, and you're done.

Here is a video for step 2! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXfcnO4kjB4

Have fun!!

P.S: It helps to search too!
  4. aaron80

aaron80 New Member

Thanks alot bro!!

Please Register or Log in to view images

Really appreciate the help, will go home and try it tonight. Seems simple enough..

5. 02 turbo

02 turbo New Member

well when i downgraded to 1.1.1 and then jailbroke 1.1.2, all of my songs/videos/pictures were deleted.

If you forgot to install oktoprep, then you must restore to 1.1.1, wiping out all of your files, and re-jailbreak 1.1.2. No other option as of yet. Follow the readme for 1.1.2 and all should go well this time.
  6. termin8or123

termin8or123 New Member

Hmmm I thought it will just update firmware... My songs didn't get deleted when I had to downgrade since my instalation got screwy...