Help Needed Please

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by choyboy590, Aug 25, 2009.

1. choyboy590

choyboy590 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    A few days ago, I was on my iTouch ( 1st Gen, jailbroken with qwkpwn, 8gb ) checking out facebook when it froze. It froze sometimes when looking at a large amount of pictures on facebook so i just reset it. Then that picture came up with the usb cord and itunes (no spinning wheel) and i connected it to itunes like it asked. It said it is in recovery mode at that i had to restore it. I didn't think i had a choice so i just clicked restore and itunes downloaded something (newest updates I believe) and then the restoring began. Moments later, it said that the restoration couldn't be completed due to ERROR 14. I've tried several times to restore my iTouch using differnt usb ports and different computers but nothing seem to work. Does anyone have any idea how to help with my problem. I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.
  2. -Xi-

-Xi- Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    Try restoring to different firmware. Hold shift and click the restore button, then select the firmware you want. What firmware was it on?
  3. choyboy590

choyboy590 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I'm am really clueless onto how my iTouch was hacked because my friend did it for me. I'm not 100% sure what firmware it is but I believe that it was 1.1.2. I held the shift button while clicking restore and my documents just popped up.
  4. Mortel

Mortel Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Wow, 1.1.2. It's possible that it is trying to restore to a 3.0 version, which iTunes wants you to pay for.

If you really want to restore to 1.1.2, find a download of it on the internet, and once it is saved to your computer, shift+Restore it.

P.S. - Your Documents popped up when you held shift because iTunes wants you to direct it to a firmware when you do that.
  5. choyboy590

choyboy590 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Would you recommend downloading a newer version of the firmware? Or will it only work with 1.1.2?
  6. Quadrant

Quadrant New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Just update it so 3.0. There's really no point staying in such an oudated firmware.

Btw, you can try putting it into DFU mode if it still says an error.