Help Needed: iPod freezes/Shuts down randomly and drains power

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by LtAreaFish117, Oct 18, 2010.

1. LtAreaFish117

LtAreaFish117 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ever since I updated to iOS4.1 my iPod hasn't been functioning so well. If it stays on standby for too long, the iPod just sort of 'freezes', and it won't turn on unless I hold down the home and power button together. This has happened when it was on standby, but it also happens when it's on, like it'll be playing a song or a video and it'll just freeze.

This is extremely annoying, but when it freezes in the middle of the night, it drains power like crazy. I had 90% battery when I went to bed, but when I got up, it refused to power up and showed be the power low thing. If anyone has the same problem, please tell me how you dealt with it, and any help with this is appreciated. I have an 8 GB iPod touch 3G MC model running iOS 4.1. I have jailbroken it when I was running 3.1.3, but I restored and updated when Cydia corrupted. Now, I have iOS 4.1, but it still shows the battery percentage, so I can't take it back without first wiping the iPod, because they'll know I jailbroke and there goes my warranty. I have already tried a restore. Thanks in advance.
  2. Emanresu

Emanresu New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Uhmm Maybe your battery is getting old. Or try going back to 3.1.2 and see if battery is better if it is. Download ios4 again. Proably a defective firmware