help needed- ipod broken and have questions

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by sage de Dieu, Feb 20, 2009.

1. sage de Dieu

sage de Dieu New Member

Feb 4, 2009
    About a month after I got my ipod (2g) the screen broke, it has cracks around the home button and across the screen. It was working fine for a few weeks, and I bought a new screen on ebay. It turned out to be the wrong one (1st gen) and just today my screen stopped working. I turned it on and was arranging my icons, and then the swiping motion on the springboard stopped working to change pages. I thought it was just a fluke, but when I restarted now the screen won't register any touches at all. I have a warranty for it, but it is jailbroken and I have many apps that I want to keep. If I sent it in to my warranty company, (not apple) do you think that they would delete my apps or just give it a new screen, or just replace it? I know it might be hard to help, but if anybody knows that would be great.
  2. Noogums

Noogums New Member

Jan 2, 2008
    You will have to restore. Its not that hard to get your apps back dude if its still under warranty just restore and send it in itll be worth it. If you send it to them jailbroken then you will just be wasting your time.