help needed for ipod touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by dunc4n, Mar 23, 2010.

1. dunc4n

dunc4n New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i have an ipod touch that i got from work and i jailbroke it, when i got the ipod it had an app on that is required for my work, now im wanting to restore the ipod to take off the jailbreak and im wanting to know if i backup the ipod on itunes will it backup this app that i need for my work? ive tried to sync the ipod with itunes and transfer it over but it won't have any of it.

someone please say it will keep this app so i can restore the ipod back to normal and still have this app on the ipod for my work.
  2. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    is that app in the appstore? you shouldn't have jailbroken it if it was from work......
  3. dunc4n

dunc4n New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    no its not in the app store its an app they made and put on it, when i hold it and the springboard shakes it comes up with an 'X' to delete it (if that helps) but will it backup and then go back on when i restore it
  4. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    if its not an appstore app, it won't be backed up.
  5. dunc4n

dunc4n New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ahwell think i might just restore it so it goes then get work to put it back on, say i accidently deleted it off the springboard
  6. themaster2443

themaster2443 Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    This doesn't make any sense. Let me get this straight, you have an iPod Touch from work that had an application on it that isn't listed in the appstore. You jailbroke it, which you didn't sync the device up to itunes to do. And now you want to restore it back to factory settings but the app isn't on the appstore which means it isn't digitally signed from Apple and you can't back it up. How do you have essentially a "third party" app installed on an iPod Touch without it being jailbroken and not synced to the computer you used to jailbreak it?

If the app is digitally signed from apple, even for business use, then it should sync up to itunes.