Help Needed For 1st Gen iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Stiki2008, Feb 12, 2009.

1. Stiki2008

Stiki2008 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Hi,

Ive just recently bought a iPhone 1st gen 8gig really cheap and it had f/w 1.1.1, i managed to put a new firmware 2.2.1 on it using itunes 7.7. Now i get a picture of a usb lead to link to itunes and an emergency call out option.
    Im using a t-mobile sim card and when i take that out it just says insert sim and emergency call out option. When i connect to itunes it wont allow me to restore or downgrade just says unable to get info from the device even when i turn it off and on and holding the both buttons etc.

Is there a way of restoring f/w without itunes ?

I tried using quickpwn to unlock but freezes when asked to let go of the home button.

Is there a method where it does all jailbreak and unlock in 1 ?

Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  2. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Quickpwn is the one click do it all solution. Try using another computer. Was the iphone unlocked prior to you upgrading it?
  3. Stiki2008

Stiki2008 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Yes the iphone was unlocked before as i was using my t-mobile sim card, i will try using another computer.

Thank you for your reply!!!
  4. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Make sure when running quickpwn and it asks "do you have a contract that would normally be activated with itunes" click NO.

Its kind of odd that its still on 1.1.1 and unlocked. Do you know what unlock was used originally? There were some sketchy unlocks out back then.