Help needed as soon as possible!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Tatertay, May 22, 2009.

1. Tatertay

Tatertay Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    I recently bought an iPhone 1st Gen, my problem is that I cannot move my dock icons up where the rest are, not on the dock. I can still move them around the dock, another problem is that I cannot access the 123 part of the keyboard or the Return button, or the space bar! I believe that part of the touchscreen went out, any help would be much appreciated!
  2. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

Yep the digitizer (touchscreen) is broke.

You have to replace the entire screen; the glass, LCD, and digitizer as one unit. Despite what some places say you will not be successful at replacing just one parts of the screen.

Your probably looking at around $150 to get it fixed. Can save some money and do it yourself but it is not easy to take the 2G's apart (there will be noticeable marks from separating the back from the phone).

Hopefully that helps.
  3. Tatertay

Tatertay Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Thanks, I probably won't get the screen replaced, as I am just testing it out from a friend to see if I want it. Who knows, I'l try the touch sensitivity and see if that helps.

Please Register or Log in to view images

EDIT_ Restored it and Reboxed it...

Giving back to friend....... If anyone can show me an iPhone in the 100-180's please PM me.....

4. melterx12

melterx12 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    it is possible to find iphone 1g/2g on ebay for around 180-200$.