Help! Need Unbricking

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by eeevan, Oct 14, 2007.

1. eeevan

eeevan New Member

So after jailbreaking and installing about 20 apps, I decided to try and add another icon to my dock by editing the N45AP.plist. For some reason this didn't work as planned and I was stuck with a blank everything after the apple logo. So I went the SSH back into it... nothing, connection times out every time. So I'm like crap, I guess I'll restore it then. So after I restore and go back to jailbreak it again (using touchFree), I get just past the part when you enter the ipods IP and then it hangs for about 20min. This is where it starts to get worrisome. I had previously had some problems with the ipod randomly disconnecting over USB, and I assume that is what happened, only right in the middle of the jailbreak process. Now I'm stuck with a boot screen that says:

I can't connect to it via putty @192.168.1.2 (root,alpine) or with cuteFTP.

I really hope someone has a solution, and that I'm not dealing with a bricked Touch

Please Register or Log in to view images

I'm really starting to freak out here!
  2. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

All you have to do is put your ipod into recovery mode. The instructions are all over this forum, so I won't type them out again.

It's too bad you didn't ask when your screen was blank. That, sadly, is a very easy mistake to fix. It's caused by a mistake made in the plist file itself. Fixing it just involves going back in and correcting the error.
  3. eeevan

eeevan New Member

Yes, I realize how to fix and edit the plist. My whole problem stems from the fact that I had trouble SSHing to the touch post-ssh. It was strange, I could only login if I was doing something network-related on the touch (downloading something, etc). So I would always downloaded a podcast when I wanted to SSH, as it was the only way it would work properly. But with a blank screen, I had no access to anything other than music.

Anyways, I hope recovery mode solves this.
  4. Complexis

Complexis Retired Moderator

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Worst comes to worst, restore your iPod and try it again.
  5. eeevan

eeevan New Member

Yeah, the restore worked. I'm just a little worried about why the SSH was acting so strangely...
  6. eeevan

eeevan New Member

Fixed. Reset router, no more SSH problem.