Help! Need Simple Untethered for Tiger 10.4

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by Flixz, Mar 17, 2009.

1. Flixz

Flixz Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Hi All,

I have been following along and waiting for the untethered for the ipod 2g but have been away recently. There is so much info everywhere my head is spinning. Can you help me out with a step by step starting with the basics?

I tried watching the Mac Sticky untethered tutorial but it seems it is missing some steps for me to understand. Also where and how do I customizes once jailbroken and what do I do once I get new updates from apple for itunes and the ipod?

My ipod 2g is running version 2.2.1 and just updated itunes today to 8.1 Computer is G4, OSX Tiger 10.4.11

Maybe there could be a sticky specific for New Visitors or Newbies, Simple Jailbreak for Mac or Windows with the various updated options to jailbreak and how to customize your jailbroken 2g.

Thanks,
    Flixz
  2. Legendairy

Legendairy New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
  3. Flixz

Flixz Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Thanks for your reply Legendairy. When following this tutorial do I need to have my ipod in DFU mode first if so how do I do that? I'll just assume I don't need to do anything to my 2g before the tutorial and follow it along. I just want to be sure I don't miss any steps.