Help my poor iPod.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by buugiewuugie, Oct 7, 2009.

1. buugiewuugie

buugiewuugie New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hello all,

New to the site, and excited about looking around. Actually new to iPod's in general. Got my first iPod back in August. The 2G iPod Touch 16GB. It was purchased refurb. from tigerdirect.

Well about a month ago I was at work and set it on a desk. The desk had a rough week I guess and decided to commit suicide as I turned to walk away.

Please Register or Log in to view images

The leg gave out and the ipod slid off the desk and hit the floor pretty hard. FML

After a visual inspection, everything seemed fine. No scratches on the screen or cracks. However, when sliding the unlock bar, it stopped half way. I have to move it extremely fast in order to unlock it. When playing music I cannot turn up the volume using the screen. It stops at the same point the unlock slider did. When using Safari, that same area is dead. I can't type any letters down there or click on bookmark etc.

So what do I need to repair this? I have watched repair videos online and I am a computer tech so I am not to worried about the technical disassembling stuff. Do I need a new screen? What part and where can I get it?

Thanks in advance,
    Scott
  2. deepower

deepower New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I guess you need a touch glass (The surface of the ipod which detects touch) you can google up "ipod touch parts" there's plenty of websites selling such parts cheap as well as giving assembly instructions.