Help! My iTouch might be ruined :(

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by SomeRandomDude, Sep 19, 2009.

1. SomeRandomDude

SomeRandomDude New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hey guys, can you lend me a hand please?

I have a G1 iTouch 32GB. It was safely tucked in my backpack a few weeks ago, when I had to walk a few minutes under rain. I'm guessing some water got to it and now, it acts like the Sleep/Wake button is being constantly pressed/held. What happens is, it keeps going in and out of sleep mode, occasionally showing the "Slide to power off" message.

Even though it doesn't actually stop any songs that are playing, this drains the battery much quicker than normal. I'd be ok with just turning the iTouch off when I'm not using it, and turning it completely on when I want to use it (and I just use it for mp3 playback anyways), but if I do turn it off, it turns automatically on after a few seconds (since it acts as if the sleep/wake button was being constantly pressed...).

Has anyone had this problem before? If so, how can I fix it? Help please! Thanks.
  2. JOS

JOS Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Have you tried to place it in a bag of rice for a few days? It's a popular method to rid of water damage, that is, if it is indeed that water's making your Touch screwy. Otherwise, leaving it in the backpack may have given it hardware problems, e.g. dropping the backpack, pressure on the Touch, maltratement of backpack.
  3. SomeRandomDude

SomeRandomDude New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I've been told to leave it in a bag of rice. But the rain was on sep. 8th, 11 days ago. Is it possible that there is still water in it?
  4. BlackHoleSlam1994

BlackHoleSlam1994 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    yes it is i had the same problem but thank fully mine went away