[Help] My iPod Touch shows no music after playing a song with mediamonkey!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by eXozza, Sep 29, 2008.

1. eXozza

eXozza Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Today, I wanted to try out mediamonkey with my iPod Touch 2.0.2, so I connected it and it popped up in mediamonkey. I didn't try to sync or copy any songs from/to the iPod, but I tried to play some songs, and it worked perfectly. Then (iPod still connected to the computer), I went to the Music app on my iPod to check some playlists, but it said that there were no songs on the iPod. So I opened up iTunes, and it said that it "couldn't read the content of the ipod" and that it had to be restored. So the only option I get in iTunes when I connect my iPod to my computer, is the restore button.

I don't want to restore, because I have so many apps that I don't want to install all over again. I can still play and find all my music in mediamonkey, but I can't find it on my iPod or in iTunes. I searched google for similar problems, but I didn't find any solutions. I can still SSH, so if there are any files within the iPod I can change to find my music, I can do it. All my music is still there, but it's only showing up in mediamonkey. I think mediamonkey changed something so that it could read the iPod, but it made it unusable with iTunes.

Do anyone have a solution to this problem? :S I listen my iPod every day, so I really need it to work.
  2. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Try uninstalling mediamonkey.
  3. eXozza

eXozza Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Still the same, my iPod says there's no music and iTunes says I have to restore it. I think mediamonkey has done something to the music files, so now they won't be recognized.