[HELP] My Ipod Touch Melted..no joke.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by sprigner, Sep 11, 2008.

1. sprigner

sprigner New Member

Ok lil problem here.
    Decided I would stick my touch on my JBL Docking Speakers. As soon as I did I noticed my iPod had instantly restarted. It took a longer time to restart than usual. But when it hard started up again I resumed and put it back on the dock. Instantly the no battery life screen shown. This made no sense cus one it was attached to the dock and should of been charging and to it was easily more than 50% battery before.

I took it off then back on the dock and as soon as I did there was this random subwoofer pop sound and my ipod just went black.

I took it off and jesus christ it was so hot I had to chuck it on my bed. Im not even joking, this thing was boiling and I know this sometimes happens at the bottom but this was on the screen the back. Everything. It was unbelievably hot.

It stayed at this temp for at least an hour without dropping. Then It started making this wierd highpitched noise that well you could only hear when you held it to you ear. Its been 6hours since this happen and still when I put it to me ear its a ticking sound inside.

- iPod now doesnt turn on
    - Have tried 4 different usb ports on different pcs
    - 2different usb cables
    - Still doesnt charge/turn on.

Now heres the thing. I have AppStore apps that i have "obtained" and im kinda scared of sending it back to apple with a couple of "obtained" applications on them :/
    O and its obvs JB 2.0

So ye wtf happened...
    Thanks guys
  2. Aprosamurai

Aprosamurai Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    when did you buy it because you have free year warranty and should be able to return it as long as your year isnt up
  3. Winterboard

Winterboard Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    wow that's the coolest story I've ever heard!

The terrorists must of put a time bomb in your iPod that was stoped by the masive metal back and unscratchable glass!!
  4. EMForce

EMForce New Member

lmao, it fried from the inside that was that whining sound your heard, send it back they wont be able to tell that you jailbroke it or anything cuz its friend beyond repair
  5. sprigner

sprigner New Member

Haha thats what the old father said. I did kinda believe him but wanted some other people to reasure me

Please Register or Log in to view images

So its definately fried? Like no way they could ever get it working?

Oh and its definately under warranty. Its like 4months old cus its a replacement, my other ipod touch died aswell :/
  6. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Apple won't replace it the things breaks of something you did. That warranty does not cover that. You will have to pay for any repairs yourself.
  7. sprigner

sprigner New Member

Something I did? I put my iPod touch on a JBL Sound System that I bought from the apple store..Sorry but I diddnt see -Kill iPod on the back of the box. I cant see how its my fault at all and anyway I got my other iPod repaired and that was from just plugging it into the pc and the screen going white then dying and not turning on.

I can understand if I chucked it on the floor and it broke. But cummon.
  8. River

River New Member

^ Agree. Unless it's an Apple defect - you're gonna wind up paying to have it fixed/replaced. But your mileage may vary. Call and ask...
  9. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

That isn't the way that Apple is going to look at the situation. As far as your previous scenario: yeah, that's a defect. That's why it got replaced.
  10. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Ok so just tell them that it happened when u plugged into pc instead of jbl speakers duh