HELP! My iPod touch can't play videos!! It can only play the audio! What's wrong?!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by fLoPpYBuNnY, Jan 3, 2009.

1. fLoPpYBuNnY

fLoPpYBuNnY New Member

Sorry for being a nub!

Okay, so, I really need help. This has been bugging me for quite awhile. I tried calling Apple two times and none of them gave me much help to my dismay.

Anyways, my ipod touch 8 gig (1.1.4 jailbroken) cannot play videos. It can only play the audio. I can hear the perfectly. But when I try to Help! My iPod touch can't play the video, all I get is a black screen. But the audio works fine! I even used iTunes to convert the originally mp4 file (originally in the correct format, too, if I'm not mistaken) to the iPod touch format!! What's wrong?

Also, I have another video that I tried to convert but iTunes said that it was already in the correct format! I synced it to my iPod, then tried playing it on my iPod touch 8 gig but it was stuck trying to load the video!

Thanks for all your help guys! I appreciate it.

P.S. Sorry for my nubness (lol if that's a word). I'm a complete nub with the iPod touch, so I'm sorry if I'm annoying. Thanks for all your help, though! :]

Edit: Uhh...245 views, 0 replies?
  2. fLoPpYBuNnY

fLoPpYBuNnY New Member

uhmm....guys why are there 245 views but 0 replies? can't anyone even offer a suggestion?!
  3. L_o_N_e_R

L_o_N_e_R New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    reconvert the videos using something else to convert them

i suggest using SUPER
  4. latter678

latter678 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I had the same problem. Just undo all the jailbreak addons like winterboard. Then hold the power button and slide to turn off. Hold power button again until the apple logo appears. Tada! Works.

When I say undo addons I don't mean take off jailbreak. I mean temporaily swith it off and turn it back on when you fix it.