Help! My iPod Touch 3G 3.1.3 stuck on apple logo!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by JohnJohn, Jul 14, 2010.

1. JohnJohn

JohnJohn New Member

So I have a 32GB jailbroken (via Spirit) iPod Touch 3G running 3.1.3 and I fired up Cydia and noticed there was an update for a package (Activator 1.4 update) so I decided to update and it got to the point where it said "Restart Springboard" but it got stuck on that screen with the little rotating loading thing for a long time so I just decided to do a hard reboot (holding power and sleep) and when I tried to turn it back on, my iPod would only get stuck on the Apple logo. From what I know, the only solution would be to put it in DFU and restore it fresh to 4.0 but I would then lose all of my data and ability to jailbreak. Anyone got any other solutions that will work? Please help!
  2. HeadReaper

HeadReaper Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Nope. Sounds like you need to restore. But honestly, would you rather have a iPod on 4.0 or one that doesn't work?
  3. iBricked

iBricked Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    ironic you are on 3.1.3 anyway, activator also said that to me, but my friend mobilesubstrate kicked me into safe mode and voila back to normal.
  4. Appman

Appman Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Yeah, sounds like you'll need to DFU restore. Hopefully you backed up in iTunes recently.
  5. iBricked

iBricked Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    irecovery or ibooty may work, try at least or blackra1n run.
  6. LxRoyaling

LxRoyaling New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Well, there is not much to jailbreak when the multitasking and the wallpapers can be enabled in your iPod - I would suggest you to upgrade
  7. jse1988

jse1988 Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    i have got stuck like this on my ipod 3g 313 and i just keep trying to reboot and get it to restore mode and eventually it loads after a day of trying. i havent had to restore my ipod yet and i download apps from cydia like crazy even if they arent for my firmware