HELP! My ipod touch 2g wont turn on after reboot!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by melon55, May 5, 2010.

1. melon55

melon55 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    PLEASE HELP!I just installed [REMOVED] but it wasnt working, so i rebooted, or atleast tried to. i went into the SB settings bar and clicked reboot. it shut off normaly but it didnt turn back on. when i tried to turn it on the pineapple came up for 3 seconds, then it went dim for a further 3 seconds or so then it turned off?

I have an ipod touch 2g running jailbroken 3.1.1. its been jailbroken for ages and reboots have worked previously without any hassles!

Please all help short of a restore is needed. i have not backed up my ipod in a while and i had quite a few apps i dont want to have to re-download
  2. jaygeorge

jaygeorge New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i am having this exact problem, i managed to get it into restore mode but it fails on preparing to restore.

i turn it on and the apple logo appears......then dim then off, if i plug it in it does the same thing

im on JB 3.1.2 masked as 3.1.3

same way of doing it, powered it down using sb power options an now it wont come back on, nightmare, any help would b great.

Thanks
  3. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Active Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy S2
    Yea, I had that, too. I guess you devs can now be happs that [REMOVED]. But I won't see this as a bad thing, now I'll jailbreak with spirit! Untethered jailbreak, here I come!

Please Register or Log in to view images

btw, let's not complain, [REMOVED]
  4. jaygeorge

jaygeorge New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ok.....so when i got it into restore mode the screen was blank an it kept failing. now i have managed to get the "plug into iTunes" image up and while restoring iTunes crashes, not responding. downloaded the latest iTunes still the same. i am currently downloading the latest un-JB firmware, i shall update on this
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    looks like that is working, hate giving in2 the big wigs but some times u have no choice

Please Register or Log in to view images

Steve Jobs can have this victory but im callin it 1-1 due to the fact i'll b JB again in 20 minutes
  5. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Please review the forum rules. We do not allow discussions surrounding pirated material.

Be glad that I have not handed out any warnings but, in the future, bans will be handed out.

6. ish1tsn0w

ish1tsn0w Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    dfu mode?
  7. melon55

melon55 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I can put the ipod into DFU mode but thats not what i want to do. i want to turn on the ipod without having to restore. DFU mode is for restoring. If it comes to a last resort i will restore though. Is there some way that i can browse and get files from my ipod while it is in DFU mode?
    ok i decided to restore.. but one problem.. ITS NOT LETTING ME :'( I put my ipod into DFU mode but when i try to restore it to my 3.1.1 custom firmware it doesnt work! i get error code 1601!!
    ok dont worry. problem resolved. i was able to restore my ipod to 3.1.2 =D