HELP! my ipod touch 2g jailbreaked freezes on the apple logo when booting!

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by Erian, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Erian

Erian New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    could someone please help me, i know theres alot of threads on here about this but non have helped me. ive got a jailbroken 2g ipod touch. when i was changing theme on my ipod i got the wheel of death and then when tryd to boot it with my computer it got stuck on the apple logo, ive read stuff and the only conclusion i got to was restoring and when i tryd to first it sayd: theres no software avaliable for this ipod right now, so i downloaded a firmware from the internet shift+clicked restore and choosed my firmware it starts loading then i just get the: the ipod could not be restored an unknown error occured (1), so im begging you on ipodtouchfans pleease please help me! if you do ull be my hero for ever and ever, thank you for all replies

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. ddggttff3

ddggttff3 New Member

My advice: put your ipod touch into DFU mode, THEN try and restore through itunes. hope this helps.
  3. Legendairy

Legendairy New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    If the above advice doesn't work, use my tutorial below (in my sig), I can provide remote assistance if you need it, pm me if you do.
  4. Erian

Erian New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ive already tryd that, it doesnt work. ive think ive gotten a bit further now but now it loads the connect ipod to itunes thingy instead and when i restore i just get the error 1604 all the time
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    that would work like a charm if it wasnt for that i cant even boot the ipod, thats the reason i wanted to restore it from the beginning so i cant use ur tutorial :'(
  5. nickxcore

nickxcore New Member

its not frozen, i had the same problem...but i just figured that the solution is to leave it for 10-15 minutes to load and get configured
    and thats it...so just leave it for awhile at the apple logo
  6. salsarod

salsarod New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Help!

When I restore my ipod with DFU mode and clicking alt+ restore with firmwire 2.2.1 my ipod get stuck in apple logo, I had my ipod jailbreaked, but now I can't even install the normal firmwire, itunes says "preparing ipod to install" and then like 10 minutes after it says "error 2005" and it stays black again.
  7. DaAlmighty1

DaAlmighty1 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Try a different usb port.
  8. fckinfamous

fckinfamous Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Arent you suppose to put it in dfu mode and boot it from there or something?
  9. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    It should still load up into the non jailbroken mode first though, you DFU and boot it after it loads up.

So just be patient and wait for a bit. It's not going to kill you. If you had the patience to wait for the FirmWare to finish, then you can wait for it to boot up. Unless it doesn't boot up in at least 20 minutes. Then you did something wrong. Lol.