HELP my ipod suddenly dead

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by cokibr, Feb 16, 2009.

1. cokibr

cokibr New Member

when i was browsing my ipod suddenly dead, i thought it was the battery but when i charge the ipod nothing happen just DEAD. computer and the itunes not respon my ipod. somebody help me how to fix it
  2. livnew

livnew New Member

1. Hold the power button and the home button for 10 seconds, then let go of the power button but keep the home pressed in for another 6-10 seconds. This should enter you into DFU mode.

2. Now connect to iTunes and it should ask you if you want to restore, you can either restore to a previous date or if you want to start fresh you can download a restore firmware and to install it onto your iPod, hold the shift key and left click on restore and then browse to the downloaded file. Here is the link: http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/
  3. cokibr

cokibr New Member

no im not nubie on restoring or jailbreaking, but in this case i really new. When im browsing on my ipod touch its suddenly dead. I thougt it was my battery. When i charge it with travel charger it has to wake with pineapple logo on its screen (im using cydia), but nothing happen just blank screen. N than when im trying on computer its same. When im trying to check conectivity with itunes, itunes cannot detect my ipod. So the answer is what happen wit my ipod. Is there any way to fix it. Please help me im frustating now
  4. ipodtouchesrule

ipodtouchesrule Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Did you try a restore?
  5. daconcerror

daconcerror Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    If you have a dock, put it on the dock and leave it for a while, then take it off and plug it into the computer, this way if its just the screen thats out you will still have battery, then try restore, hard restore, and then a full ipod restore. Not sure if its the same problem but thats what ma m8 did when this kinda thing happened to him.