HELP! my ipod starts up and instantly turns itself off

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by boomchickawawa, Feb 2, 2008.

1. boomchickawawa

boomchickawawa New Member

well it was like the third time i jailbroke my ipod to 1.1.3 (first 2 times successful) and its not the spinning wheel problem

ok so it said process completed using dev team method (not nate true's) and it said to reboot. i turned it off and then when i turned it back one it showed the apple logo, then it flashed white and turned itself off, and then it would keep showing only the apple logo and turning itself off, over and over. so i let it sit turning itself on and off until the ipod showed the battery flashing red and having the symbol meaning plug into power source, so i plugged it in and then it just restarts turning itself on and off. it doesnt stay long enough for itunes to even detect it so restoring doesnt work. i also tried the force restore mode and that didnt work either.

so if any1 knows how to fix this i would greatly appreciate it
  2. the goat

the goat Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    i really wish i could do anything for you, but i dont know anything. i would say do a forrce restore but youve alreday done that-but how many times? i pray that your problem will be oover and done with this very same day

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. Zink

Zink Member

Device:
    iPad
    wooo this is a tough one I think you should try to exchange it
  4. callum-m-r

callum-m-r New Member

Just an idea..

Let the battery run out entirely (is it safe to do that, anyone know?) so it won't turn on, then hold the home button and connect to computer?
  5. Zink

Zink Member

Device:
    iPad
    it is not possible to entirely once it is at 3-5% it will automatically boot itself off
  6. callum-m-r

callum-m-r New Member

Even if you keep turning it back on to the red battery screen? Ahhh that's annoying =/ Sorry
  7. Zink

Zink Member

Device:
    iPad
    that might work
  8. boomchickawawa

boomchickawawa New Member

lol i plugged it into my comp for an hour then started pressing random buttons and i finally got it into restore mode somehow