HELP! My iPod Refuses To Downgrade Back To 1.1.4 Firmware!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mackdaddymax, Jul 18, 2008.

1. mackdaddymax

mackdaddymax New Member

I have followed many tutorials, downloaded pretty much every old version of itunes, used ZiPhone and iLiberty and many other applications in order to help, all to no avail. My iPod simply refuses to downgrade from the new firmware 2.0 to firmware 1.1.4, and the errors i got ranged from 1 or 2, to 20 and sometimes in the 1600s. I am doing all of this on a mac, although i tried to see if I could use a PC to restore, but that too did not work. If anyone has any idea what could be stopping the downgrades, please let me know.

Also I know how to put the ipod in DFU and Recovery mode, i am not an idiot
  2. whassuo

whassuo Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Have you downgraded itunes to 7.5?
  3. TouchKid2.0

TouchKid2.0 Banned

I had this same problem and just after doing a PC restore got itunes to read my ipod software, I suggest you do not keep fiddling with your touch and putting your ipod into DFU mode and installing and reinstalling different itunes, or itunes 7.7 and 7.5 won't be able to read your ipod software and you'll be completly stuck and locked out of itunes like I was for 10 hours I'm just telling you to be cautious and make sure you didn't forget any steps. Just trying to look out

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. mackdaddymax

mackdaddymax New Member

yes i have downgraded, i was just wondering if there were any different ways to downgrade to 1.1.4