Help! My Ipod Is Bricked!!!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by axman5055, Jul 21, 2008.

1. axman5055

axman5055 New Member

I feel like an idiot. My piod touch may be completely, utterly, irreversibly bricked. I was trying to jailbreak it using Ziphone. I have the old itunes, so i didn't have to worry about the 1.1.5 update when restoring it. So i was jailbreaking it, and it said wait i think 1 min, 10 sec, so i walked out. MY ******** BROTHER decided to unplug my ipod while being jailbroken. So now, my ipod just has a ton of code on the interface. I try to reset it, by holding down the hold and home bottom until it shows the apple logo, but i do not get the USB cable icon like most people. It just goes back to showing me code. I plug it up, but itunes doesn't see it, and ziphone doesn't pick it up.

Does anybody have a solution on how to unbrick it?
  2. carlos!

carlos! Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    this problem could have been avoided(if you werent a noob) by doing these simple steps:
    1. Dont use ZiPhone.
    2. Dont leave you ipod unattended.
    3. Dont use ZiPhone.

just plug it in and hold the home button till the apple logo comes up or whatever.
  3. lewyboi9493

lewyboi9493 Member

Dont forget dont use Ziphone. LOL
  4. ipodtouch1313

ipodtouch1313 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i had the egsact same problem!!
    heres what to do, hold down both buttons for 10 seconds, then relese the sleep/power button, if that dosnt work, do the same but keep holding the homebutton after like holding both buttons for 10 seconds and still holding the home button, plug in the ipod

hope everything works out
  5. Dennisja

Dennisja New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    this happened to me it wasnt that big of a problem for me it was an easy fix all you have to do is plug ur iPod into the computer hold down the sleep/wake and home botton till it turns off then let go of the sleep/wake and keep holding the home botton till the recovery screen comes on to ur iPod then let go u will hear iTunes pick up the ipod and then you just hit restore and try again (and even thought i am not the biggest fan of Ziphone i am still useing it and it works fine on my iPod Touch im running 1.1.4 and have no problms ive been running the same jailbreak for about or 7 months now) if that doesnt work tell me and ill try to help you out with something else

good luck