help!! My iPod crashed

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by hanahana, Dec 31, 2007.

1. hanahana

hanahana New Member

hi guys, I need some help for my iPod touch.
    I just restore and jailbreak my iPod touch yesterday, however, weird thing happened. The wifi didn't work any more no matter how much times I tried to connect my hot point. Then, the most horrible thing is the itone couldnt find my iPod. I reinstalled my computer and installed itone and tried again. However, it still didn't work. So, I wonder if anyone ever have met this kind of issue before please give me some advice.

I really appeciate your help and time.

Thanks everyone!!!
  2. demetry14

demetry14 New Member

Restore the iPod, sounds like an unfinished JailBreak. Next, make sure your itunes is setup to search for iPhones/Touch.

Also, change your post... Your iPod didn't crash. Sounds like PEBKAC !!!
  3. lachlan438

lachlan438 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    this might be dumb but have you tryed just restarting your ipod
  4. whitegreyhat

whitegreyhat New Member

IF you reinstalled your computer you will probably have to install itiunes again. As it doesnt come oem with most pcs, not being sarcastic itone is a diff prog. make sure all your services for itunes are working ituneshelper, etc. Itunes has a error checking device in the last tab, it says something like diagnostics, this will tell you why your ipods not being detected. IF that doesnt work, boot in recovery mode.

If none of those work, restore your ipod bring it back and tell them. Wifi really has nothing to do with jailbreaking process at all.

If you have a key or WEP it gets erased when you jailbreak so make sure to check that, a lot of people freak out and post here about that before they really look into why its not working.