HELP!- music diaspears then itunes asks to restore

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by sina.ag, Feb 18, 2008.

1. sina.ag

sina.ag New Member

so first my music and videos files just vanished. when i went to music or video app it just went to a blank and crashed. If i went into about it sayed i had 0 songs or vidoes or anything but said that all the space of the space was still was taken up. So i searched and one thread said to delete the fies and resync. so i sshed into ipod and deleted files in /itunes_control/music.(i didnt resync yet) Then when i go into one of the media apps it shows my songs and videos but when i hit to play them it wouldnt. So i used the bosstool wiper that wipes your ipods media then when i went to resync it says "itunes cannot read the contents of this ipod go to retore to restore" i really dont want to restore ive done it too many times. btw i was on 1.1.2 if that matters
    plz help
    -thnx
  2. Reyn

Reyn New Member

I had the same problem (no music + itunes wanted restore) before an hour and I solved it by just deleting (by iPot plugin for Total Commander) the whole itunes_control folder (var/mobile/media in 1.1.3)...after that iTunes made a recovery of the backup and I succesfully synced music on it again
    1 person likes this.
  3. marko

marko New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Reyn, i know its been a while since you posted this, but i just had the same problem and of all the threads on here about this problem your post was the only one that offered any option other than a restore. it worked for me, thanks man. +1 rep
  4. rossoneri7

rossoneri7 New Member

OMG this worked for me too. thanks reyn, you really saved my ass. repped.
    BTW im on 1.1.4 so it works on it too
  5. Reyn

Reyn New Member

actually, I found it in other thread

Please Register or Log in to view images