Help - music and video not recognised

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Technologicallyunsound, Apr 7, 2009.

1. Technologicallyunsound

Technologicallyunsound New Member

Apr 7, 2009
    Hello, sorry if this is a stupid question--
    My 14G iPod Touch, 1st generation, was perfectly fine until yesterday. Now, it says that I have ~8G taken up, which is correct, but it will not recognise it as either audio or video, in iTunes or on the iPod itself - I can't access any of it. It simply says I have no music, no video &c. on the iPod, and in iTunes it is classified as "Other". None of my other settings (time, date &c.) have been altered. I have not done the 2.2.1 upgrade, and the only change I have made was that yesterday I let someone connect a 2nd generation iPod Touch to my iTunes. I would like to avoid having to reset the iPod altogether as I've deleted most of the music files that I put on it (stupid, yes, I realise that now).
    Has this happened to anyone else? Or is there anything that I can do to fix it? I'm completely befuddled.
  2. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Feb 13, 2008
    If you are jailbroken and you SSH into your iPod, you can find the music in the iTunes_Control folder, though I don't know where it is located. Otherwise, a program like Senuti may help to get your music back.

Good luck!