HELP! might have broke ipod :(

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by eddyg519, Apr 13, 2008.

1. eddyg519

eddyg519 New Member

Hey guys i was using the ziphone updater and im on 1.1.4 firmware. It was going all good and everything but it just seemed to quit on me

Please Register or Log in to view images

so like the program said i disconnected and itunes was saying something about a safe mode or some sort of different mode so i had to hit ok.

So the software said to stop it and try again but now the ipod just has a whole bunch of text and whatnot on the screen and itunes wont reconize the device

I hope its all good because its my little sisters ipod she wanted me to jail break it for her. So if you guys can tell me how to restore 1.1.4 on it and do it correctly that would be amazing!!!

kind regards,
    Eddy
  2. briantities

briantities Banned

i would but search first for "enter dfu mode"
  3. eddyg519

eddyg519 New Member

hey thanks for getting back so fast. So i held the home and the top button down and it shut the ipod off but when i plug it in says this a bunch of times "BSD root: md0, Major 2, Minor 0 "

cant seem to get it to connect to the software..i clicked the DFU mode but it didnt seem to connect / recognize any suggestions ?

regards.
  4. giantsfan729

giantsfan729 New Member

-try unplugging your ipod from the usb,
    -turn off your ipod
    -wait 5 seconds
    -hold the home button for a couple seconds
    -put in the usb again and don't let go of the home button
    -itunes should recognize it now
  5. Mortel

Mortel Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Manually put it into DFU mode.

To do this:

Hold the power and home button until the iPod powers off manually. When it comes back on, let go of the power button, but continue to hold the home button for about 15 seconds. iTunes should now recognise the iPod in recovery mode, even though there is nothing on the screen. You can restore to any firmware now with no trouble.

6. F1N4L

F1N4L New Member

Try to put it into resotre mode/DFU Mode.
    Then connect and open iTunes.....
    Normally it should be recognize it and you are able to restore the iTouch

It must go i think because you can't break your iPod with ZIPhone (i think only pwnage can break iPods)
  7. eddyg519

eddyg519 New Member

AWESOME worked like a charm! im reverting back to 1.1.4 now whats the CORRECT way to jail break this babe?

regards
  8. Mortel

Mortel Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Well, I think you were doing the correct way before, but just make sure Ziphone doesn't close or exit or anything.

Just plug your iPod in, go into Ziphone, and click the jailbreak button that works with the iPod touch also.

Just keep your iPod plugged in, don't close Ziphone, and wait for it to finish.
  9. Khaos

Khaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
  10. Tr0as

Tr0as New Member

Hi all,
    I have the same prob as the guy that started this thread but i have followed the instuctions from everyone and managed to restore my ipod 3 times yay! BUT whenever i try to use moddedziphone thing i have the same problem, it says that my ipod is now jail broken but the screen just show
    BSD root: md0, major 2, minor 0
    and it just keeps filling up the screen with it!?! I have manged to get out of this and when i go to restore and then JB the same thing happens again! So atm ive got an un JBing ipod touch

the lame thing is it worked a charm the first time then i wanted to restore my ipod which i did and went to JB it and this happened any help would be great!!

Thanks