Help Me!

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by darkchicken50, Nov 13, 2007.

1. darkchicken50

darkchicken50 Member

f*** guys i dont know WHAT i did but i get stuck at the apple logo when i am turning on... for some reason i still have FTP access so if somebody could PLEASE for the love of christ just zip up their ENTIRE root directory for me and somehow allow me to download it i would be forever grateful, i am very worried about all the downgrading business from restoring from 1.1.2 etc, i cant believe this! absolutely horrible, i had everything perfect.

Ah well, long story short if someone can give me their whole root folder with all the bits n pieces, i dont care if you have all these apps i dont want, i can sort that out later.. thanks

edit: ive tried restoring and it just doesnt seem 2 work and now i do not have FTP access

email me at darkchicken50@gmail.com if you can help me PLEASE!
  2. emed795

emed795 New Member

Not sure what having the entire root folder is going to do for you, even if you still had FTP access. I don't think it's advisable to overwrite the entire root folder of the iPod over FTP while it's still running.

I know you said you've already tried to restored it but was the restore initiated from iTunes? If so you may want to just try putting the iPod touch itself directly into recovery mode (hold down stand-by and home until the the iPod reboots and as soon as you see the apple logo let go of stand-by but keep holding home. You'll know you succeeded when the connect to iTunes logo appears on screen) and connect it to your computer.

I doubt you seriously bricked the iPod, since a real bricked iPod would only display a blank white screen and not respond to anything. (From what I read that's a hardware related issue with the dock connector.)

However, if you still want the root folder you can obtain it directly from the iPod touch restore file by just extracting the encrypted dmg image and decrypting it using vfdecrypt. Then just open the decrypted dmg image either directly with a mac or using TransMac (trial) and you should have a completely clean copy of the root folder.
  3. 02 turbo

02 turbo New Member

manually forcing restore should do the trick. If it doesnt, take it back to apple and tell them it bit the dust while you were upgrading to 1.1.2
  4. darkchicken50

darkchicken50 Member

Problem more or less solved with an upgrade to 1.1.2

I am a bit of a noob with the downgradingness. if anyone could link me the EASIEST POSSIBLE downgrade step by step guide i would really appreciate it.