iOS 4.0 Help me!

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by soumya, Aug 1, 2010.

1. soumya

soumya Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I am using a jailbroken ipod touch 3g 32gb mc model with 3.1.3 firmware. Now I just sync apps with itunes as the music and video in my ipod would take a lot of space in my hdd. So if i restore, I will lose all my music and videos.What should I do? I want to update to 4.0 and jailbreak it. Should I update or restore? If I restore, I have to manually sync all the music and videos now. Or should I just upgrade and jailbreak?
  2. shortperson1026

shortperson1026 Active Member

Just try upgrading first.

If it doesn't work then restore... updating worked for me when I was jailbroken with Spirit.
  3. soumya

soumya Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Man, the firmware is taking a hell lot of time to download from Apple. Can I download the firmware from somewhere else and update using itunes?
  4. Ethiopian

Ethiopian New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    It won't change too much. Firmware files are huge (that's why apple eats up roughly a gig of your ipod).
  5. Lux2GS

Lux2GS Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Anywhere you decide to download the Firmware, it will always come from Apple Servers (as hosting on other Servers gets punished) so that makes no difference.
  6. soumya

soumya Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Yeah, but I got the firmware from somewhere else and just shift clicked update. It worked for me.