help me!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by rye10516, Jan 4, 2008.

1. rye10516

rye10516 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    i have some minor scratches on the back of my touch, how to fix?
  2. shotgunfool

shotgunfool Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    you cant fix the scratches on the back of your ipod
  3. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    There are various scratch removers availible. My personal favorite is the Applesauce iPod Polish. It really does a great job.

It is kind of expensive, but it will last you a very long time. To prevent further scratches, you should look into a protective film, such as the BSE (Best Skin Ever) or the Invisible Shield.
  4. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Or you can go hogwild and go for the brushed steel look -- there's an entire thread in the iLounge Hacks forum on how to do brushed steel on the back and never worry about scratches again...
  5. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

Definitely go for a skin. BSE skins work very well (I have one) though they're slightly more involved to apply than the invisibleSHIELD. The offset is that they're a third the price ($8 for a full-body skin, which is recommended). invisibleSHIELD is $25 for one full-body skin, but it comes with a bottle of application fluid so you don't have to mix your own with soap and water as you do with the BSE.

Either one you go with, it provides an extremely scratch-resistant skin for your Touch that could withstand being shaken around in a bag of nails. Highly recommended.

That chrome back, as with all chromed-up iPods, scratches if you look at it sideways, so it's a good investment if you want to keep your unit looking new. (Mine got both the BSE treatment and a leather case the day I got it so it looks pristine.)

The polish will work if you want to shell out for it, and I'd recommend doing the polish first, and then the skin the day after (to allow the polish time to set). A case is also recommended, just for that extra protection against drops. (Leather works best to cushion against shock. Silicone is OK but not the greatest proof against shock as it doesn't have a lot of give. Metal and plastic cases provide zero shock protection.)
  6. bubs58

bubs58 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    try wiping them off with an Apple polish, if it dosnt work, tough luck

Please Register or Log in to view images