Help me with apache please!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by spinner, Dec 8, 2007.

1. spinner

spinner New Member

I can't seem to get apache working. I installed it and went to my ip address page, but I can't get any files on the page. I used mobilefinder to make the webserver file and then the documents file inside it. Am I spelling the filenames wrong? What can I do to get apache working? Please give me a srep by step guide or any help you guys can think of!
  2. blackjak231

blackjak231 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    hopefully you didn't forget to have ur main page called index.html/index.php!!

If its not that, i would recommend to uninstall apache, reinstall it , and create the files via ssh and not with finder! Also, pay close attention to the spelling if the files that they tell u to create! If u right Apache, instead if apache for example, it might not work!

If that doesn't help you, I don't know what went wrong!
  3. spinner

spinner New Member

I don't know how to make my page like that. Could you give me a step by step on how you got your apache to work? I don't have a computer so ssh is out of the question. Please help!
  4. blackjak231

blackjak231 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    How can u have an ipod and not a computer? How do you put your music and songs on it??

Anyway, here is how to do it:

IMPORTANT!: If the directory "/Library/WebServer/Documents/" is already there, skip step 1, 2 and 3!

1)-In finder, go to "Library/WebServer/" . If the "WebServer" file isn' there, create it.
    Do not forget that capitals are important! if you write "webserver" instead of "WebServer", it will not work!

2)-In the "WebServer" file, create another file called "Documents"

3)-In this file, you should then find an "index.html" document. This is the page that appear when you enter "127.0.0.1" in Safari!

4)This step+step5 require SSH! Go on your iPod via SSH, and go into the directory "/Library/WebServer/Documents/", and delete everything in there. (index.html + the apache logo)

5)Upload your "*.php;*.html;*.css ...etc" files in that directory.

6)Open Safari, and type "127.0.0.1" in the adress bar.

7)Look at your beautiful website!
    PS:Apache does not put your website online, unless somebody knows your iPod Touch IP adress! WHat i mean is that it wont be an adress like "www.example.com"

I hope this helps you, but if you don't have a computer, and dont have SSH, i dont see how you will be able to do that!